So Here I Am

I’m linking up today with the AMAZING Casey Wiegand. If you haven’t been to her site, I really encourage you to check her out. She is one of the most down to earth young women I’ve read and follow.  She is also extremely giving and has a heart for hooking up bloggers.  If you’ve found me through her site, I welcome you!!!

Photobucket
And, So Here I Am….
I was talking to a friend today from high school about being a grandparent.  Like my husband and I, she has her grandson living at home with her.  She works during the day, gets home in the evening and takes over the parenting while her daughter goes to work.

We both wonder how in the world we are making it!!

I’m one of the lucky ones.  My daughter has a good job, my husband works… because of the two of them, I have the opportunity to stay home and “parent.”  Once again.   Some days, I wonder how in the world I ended up being a stay at home “mom” again.   Even though I wonder that, 100% of the time I’m THRILLED that I’m home with the kids.

The laughter, the diapers, the homework, the cleaning, the cooking, the creativity… and yes, even Bubble Guppies.  I’m there.    And SO thankful that I am.

Right now it’s a bit tough.  I have some health concerns that will hopefully be cleared up in a couple of weeks.  Chest pains and breathing issues.  Having a nurse for a daughter helps keep me on top of things though.   So today I had my pulmonary somethin’-somethin’ test to check my lung capacity.  Not perfect, but I should be able to take my stress test in a couple of weeks.  One thing this has shown me is that I want so badly to really be in shape.  I need to be able to keep up with my little boogers, and be here to keep my hubby in line.  :)   Honestly, feeling cruddy makes me grumpy.  It’s so difficult at times to just be cheerful so my yuckiness doesn’t infect those around me as well.  I’m just angry at pain.  I’m angry that with all the goofy symptoms I have, someone hasn’t said “Oh hey, you have THIS…. all we need to do is THIS and you’ll be at the top of your game again.”

One thing I do know, God is gracious and good.  All the time.  Even when I’m a brat.  Even when I’m lonely.  Even when I’m sad.  Even when I miss spending time with my friends.

I also know that moments like this:

… are worth it.

Thanks for hanging in there and reading. ~ Dawnee

10 Comments

• February 10, 2012 - 5:38 am | Permalink

I love you. Andrew said I have Darfalepsi, maybe you have Dawnelizalepsi? ;)

• February 10, 2012 - 5:52 am | Permalink

Thank you for your lovely comment! I totally agree with you about Casey! I love how genuine she is–it really across in her blog.
    I hope everything goes well for you…

• Collie
    February 10, 2012 - 6:36 am | Permalink

I know how awful you feel, sis, and wish there was something i could do that would help. since there isn’t, I have a blog I want to share with you: http://thehousecat.blogspot.com/ He/she does pictures, but if you scroll down a bit they have printed (copied ) 12 things that happy people do. I know what you are going through is physical, and please god, repairable, but this is a good blog about cool stuff and I though you would enjoy…….feel better, sweetie. I love you.

• February 10, 2012 - 6:42 pm | Permalink

Thanks sis! I love you so much! That link was awesome! Not only were the pics on the blog funny…. but the “12 Things….” was very cool.

• February 10, 2012 - 2:19 pm | Permalink

you are doing a wonderful thing! Hope your issues clear up. I work with Asthma patients everyday and I know it’s not easy. I’m a nurse too!
    That pic is beautiful!!!! Be blessed!

• February 10, 2012 - 6:43 pm | Permalink

Kelly, I just popped back in your blog to see what is going on with you…. I hope you’re able to take the time to read the message I left you. <3 Loving your pinterest btw!!!

• February 10, 2012 - 3:51 pm | Permalink

So excited to subscribe to my first blog written by a grandmother!!! And let me just say, you sound like an awesome one. I love your joy at being able to care for your grandkids. Thanks for visiting my blog, and I’m looking forward to reading yours in Google Reader!

• February 10, 2012 - 6:30 pm | Permalink

Yay Hannah! I’m so glad we found each other!!!

• February 10, 2012 - 8:15 pm | Permalink

Dawnee, I loved reading your post, and the joy you have being able to be a stay at home ‘mom’ once again. That is so beautiful that you are embracing it. I hope that your pain level goes way down, I know running after little ones can be tough when you’re not feeling well. Thank you for being so uplifting.

xx fran

• February 11, 2012 - 8:21 pm | Permalink

Melting at that sweet, sweet photograph.

Keeping you in my heart, thoughts, and prayers and wishing you health and healing, my dear. XOXO